Δευτέρα 14 Φεβρουαρίου 2011

February 14th - We lovely three: you, the gift bag and me

Ah, Valentine’s Day. A day I hated since the beginning of my existence. Mostly cause it was right after my birthday and people used to mix up those two dates. In more than one occasion, it overshadowed the importance of my birthday to the history of the universe. Add to that some lame love jokes about me, some girl and cupids and you’ll see what I mean…Oh, how I hated that chubby boy with the arrows that seemed to be everywhere that day. Moreover, it did help in hating it and consistently stating how much it sucked, that I never was in a relationship during V-Day. That way I never had to pretend I liked it. And I do hope I never will…

You see, girls love V-Day. And if you love them, you gotta love V-Day too. If you want to get laid and not laid off. From the relationship that is. I do get why they like it so much though. As a nice husband, fiancé, boyfriend you are expected to come baring gifts. Of love and diamonds that is. But mostly diamonds. They are after all, a girl’s best friend as dear Marilyn so rightly pointed out. On a side note though, if you haven't decided on a gift, lingerie, however expensive it may be, does benefit both sides…
Now, I am not against the concept of giving gifts to your significant other. On the other hand I’m all for it. But, it shouldn’t come as an obligation. You should be buying them because you want to, not because you have to. 
Well, no one actually puts a gun to your head in order to buy gifts on V-Day but you get what I mean.

Anyway, there is also that argument about V-Day not being about the gifts but about celebrating love. I say fuck this shit. If you truly love someone, you’ll love them every single day. And you’ll celebrate being with them every single day as well. No one should need a reminder on their calendar to do that on February 14th.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου